Palomar: Oklahoma City's Family Justice Center
The Administrator of First Impressions is a part-time position and serves as the initial point of contact for clients and visitors at Palomar. The Administrator of First Impressions has a unique role in client care with victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking, and visitor satisfaction. This position serves as the first point of contact at Palomar and works to support the needs of staff, visitors, and clients coming in to access services such as: advocacy, forensic nursing, legal, law enforcement, child care, child advocacy, and more. The Administrator of First Impressions helps to ensure positive, hospitable and quality experiences at Palomar. Client confidentiality and privacy of information is critical.
- Provide a friendly, warm, and hopeful welcome to all visitors, clients, and accompanying persons upon arrival;
- Assist callers and individuals walking-in with information and resources in a trauma-informed approach;
- Conduct initial screening, identify client’s needs, help them prioritize and navigate through the resources available thorough partner agencies at Palomar, connect client with community partners to meet stated need(s) as needed;
- Assist with ordering supplies and other necessities for direct service implementation;
Field donation and other community inquiries;
- Assure ease of movement among clients and visitors;
- Maintain a safe, welcoming and comfortable reception area, intake rooms and victim waiting room;
Apply creative problem solving as needed;
- Build/maintain working relationships and trust with clients, Palomar agency partners and community resource providers;
- Assist with opening and/or closing preparations.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is mandatory;
- Ability to treat people with kindness and respect and provide a high-level of hospitality;
- Ability to handle stressful, fast-paced, and escalated situations;
- Flexibility and problem solving skills and experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and Salesforce programs. Other technology proficiencies may be required;
- Ability to effectively meet with and engage the public; ability to establish effective working relationships with supervisor, employees, onsite and offsite partners and the general public;
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Pursuing/graduate with an associates or bachelor’s degree in a related field, or 2 years of experience in a related field;
- Knowledge of best practices relating to domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking including, but not limited to: identification, safety, implementation and confidentiality;
- Knowledge of community resources to clients in need of specific immediate services (both on-site and off-site partners) and resources, including shelters and housing, observation facilities, counseling and treatment options.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and references to AJ France, Manager of First Impressions, at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit palomarokc.org.