Intern at Palomar
Palomar and our partners strive to provide a variety of learning experiences for students through internships. Internships are offered 3 times a year to correlate with Spring, Summer, and Fall Semesters. Applications are accepted year round. Internship spots are limited and competitive. Apply early!
To qualify for internship you must complete the online application. If you meet eligibility, an interview will be scheduled.
If you are accepted, you are required to pass a background check and complete the 25 Hour Foundational Training.
Palomar’s business hours are Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm. The bulk of intern duties will need to be completed during business hours.
The 25 Hour Foundational Training class is held 3 times a year. Exact dates will be discussed in the interview.
General Schedule for Training:
- Spring Training: Mid-January
- Summer Training: Mid-May
- Fall Training: Mid-Aug
Potential Assignments and Duties
- Answering phones
- Reception of Clients and Visitors
- Hospitality – Providing assistance to clients who are waiting to meet with someone
- Palomar Shop and Donation Management
- Case Management Administrative Assistant
- Children’s Sanctuary Assistant
- Legal Network Administrative Assistant
- DV Coordinated Court Administrative Assistant
- Nonprofit Administration Administrative Assistant
- Special Projects (Research, Events, Data Entry, Reporting)
Benefits of Interning at Palomar
- Networking events with multiple agencies and non-profits for future employment opportunities
- Hands on experience in working with adults, teens, and children exposed to complex trauma
- Learning the resources and services available in our community
- Access to ongoing weekly training series for continued learning
- Victim Protective Order court observation
- Focus on self-care along with professionals
- Tours of Palomar Partner Agencies