Frequently Asked Questions: Seeking Shelter


Can you help me find shelter?

Several of our partners, including YWCA OKC and the Homeless Alliance, provide emergency shelter and housing assistance. You can receive help with emergency or permanent relocation.

How can I find shelter outside your operating hours?

Call the 24-hour domestic violence helpline at 1-800-799-7233 to be connected to the nearest domestic violence shelter. 

Can you help me with employment?

If you are unemployed, we have partner agencies who will work with you to find employment.

Can you help me with emergency assistance?

We can provide you with some basic emergency help based on need, such as clothing, food and hygiene kits. We also have partner agencies who may be able to provide more. 

What about victims' compensation?

if you need direct financial assistance, you may be qualified for a Victims Compensation Claim. An arrest of the offender does not have to take place in order to be eligible to file a claim; however, the victim is expected to fully cooperate in the apprehension, investigation, and prosecution of the perpetrator. To file a claim, visit okvictimscomp.com or call 1-800-745-6098 or your local District Attorney’s Office.