Frequently Asked Questions: Filing a Police Report

Photo by Rosemary Ketchum from Pexels

Do I have to file a police report if I seek services at Palomar?

You have the option to file a police report at Palomar, but the choice is yours. You choose what services you receive at Palomar.

How do I file a police report?

To file a police report, call 405-297-1000. If the report is domestic-violence-related, you may visit Palomar to file in person. The Oklahoma City Police Department is on-site to help clients file police reports, press charges, or drop charges that have previously been filed if they choose. The detectives can help you understand the criminal charges your abuser may face and consequences of those charges. 

What happens after I file a police report?

After filing a police report, the report will determine whether there is an investigation. If an investigation is opened, it is possible that the detectives on your case will present it to the District Attorney’s office for prosecution. 

What if my contact information changes?

It is understood that part of your safety plan may mean that your contact info may change. Please keep law enforcement informed on the best way to stay in contact with you regarding the status of the case.